Advanced Alternative Payment Models (AAPMs)
Advanced Alternative Payment Models (AAPMs) is the second of the two new payment paths defined under MACRA’s Quality Payment Program (QPP). AAPMs are a subsection of a broader group of Alternative Payment Models (APMs) which encompass many different value-based models including bundled payment, CPC+ and tracks 2 and 3 Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs).
Under MACRA, providers who participate in an Advanced Alternative Payment Model (AAPM) may be exempt from the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). Those AAPM participants, referred to as Qualifying Participants (QPs), who meet required participation thresholds, will be eligible to receive a lump sum payment from Medicare in the amount equal to 5% of last year’s fee-for-service payments.
However, CMS has also created a way for Qualified Participants (QPs) who do not fully meet the AAPM requirements and thresholds, to participate in the MACRA QPP as well. This classification is known as Partial Qualifying Participants (PQPs). PQPs will have the option to report via MIPS with preferential scoring applied. They may also forego participation completely which will result in exclusion from the possible 5% lump sum payment incentive.
CMS will make QP determinations three separate times during 2017, alerting participants of their official classification. 10% of providers are expected to qualify as an AAPM in 2017, and 25% of providers are expected to qualify as an AAPM in 2018 as a result of the additional AAPM models added.
Meet the Required MIPS Composite Performance Scores (CPS) for 2017 using:
DocsInk's Mobile Charge Capture Platform allows providers to meet the required Quality measures, instantly eliminating the possibility of receiving a negative payment adjustment and providing the points needed in the Quality category to qualify for the maximum positive payment adjustment for the performance year of 2017.
DocsInk's Care Coordination Platform allows providers to meet two Clinical Practice Improvement Activities (CPIA) measures, instantly eliminating the possiblity of receiving a negative payment adjustment and providing half the points needed (20 points) in the CPIA category to qualify for the maximum positive payment adjustment for the performance year of 2017.
DocsInk simply interfaces with your certified EHR (CEHRT), providers may use to meet the required Advancing Care Information (ACI) measures.
Download DocsInk’s Guide to MACRA
Complete the form below and download DocsInk’s Guide to MACRA for a comprehensive, although simplified, overview of the following:
- Eligibility for Participating in Advanced APM Reporting for 2017
- Advanced APMs Reporting Specifics for 2017
- Qualifying MIPS APM Entities for 2017
- Qualifying MIPS APM Entities for 2018
- AAPM Payment Incentives Specifics
- Partially Qualifying Participant Classification Specifics
- MIPS APM Participation Specifics for 2017
- Qualifying MIPS APMs for 2017
- MIPS APM Reporting Specifics for 2017
- Eligibility for participation in MIPS Reporting for 2017
- MIPS, PQRS, MU & VM Payment Adjustment Timeline
- Specific Reporting Requirements and Options for Hospital-Based Providers in 2017
- Specific Reporting Requirements and Options for Non-Patient Facing Providers in 2017
- Example of MIPS Composite Performance Score (CPS) Calculations for 2017
- MIPS Reporting Basics for 2017
- MIPS Performance Thresholds and Payment Adjustments
- MIPS Budget Neutrality Factory